Bathroom remodels are quite the popular project out there. People understand the value of updating/renovating their bathrooms; not only to enjoy for themselves, but to add equity to their home for when they one day sell. There are two types of people in this world: those who like to purchase completely renovated homes, and those who like to add the value themselves. If you are the latter, you have landed on the right page.
Read on to see the current top bathroom remodel trends that will be sure to add value to your home when you go to sell.
- Dreamy Whites. More and more, people are choosing white as their primary paint color. Where before it used to be the primer, white is now becoming the end result. It is understood that loud and bright colors go out of style rather quickly, whereas white has always been and always will be a classic, timeless look. It opens up the space, makes it feel clean, and is very easy to maintain.
- Savvy Storage. It is integral to have storage within your bathroom. No one wants to go traipsing down the hall soaking wet because they forgot their bath towel, and there isn’t enough room in the bathroom itself to store extras. Get creative with your storing: open shelving is still a popular trend, built in cabinetry, antique furniture pieces, and up the wall cabinetry.
- DIY Textured Walls. Adding dimension to your bathroom is key, whether it is through the use of tile, pieces on the wall, or something completely different like a stone shower. Nowadays, this task does not need to be expensive. In fact, it is affordable and can be done by yourself with faux wall paneling. You can bring your walls to life with gorgeous texture from the addition of faux stone, faux brick, and faux wood paneling that can all be installed in a matter of hours.
- Musical Additions. As odd as it may sound, more and more people are adding a calm and serene ambiance to their bathrooms through the addition of media players. Whether it is through wired-in blue tooth speakers or a built-in shower head/radio, playing soft piano notes can relax and do the body good after a long day’s work.
- Daring Mix of Lighting. Get bold in your lighting additions. Don’t hesitate to add a funky chandelier mixed with recessed lighting or a pair of unique sconces found at a flea market. Mixed lighting spices up the bathroom and when installed properly, can highlight specific features in the room, such as the vanity or bathtub.