Let’s face it, Christmas decorations can be incredibly messy. Take authentic Christmas trees and garland, for example. Pine needles are pretty much the gift that keeps on giving as you will find them in every crack and crevice for the next 6 months. Hot chocolate mugs get strewn about and wrapping paper covers the scene.
Instead of going the junky route this Christmas, why not opt in for some mess free holiday decorating? Here’s how!
- Plain Foliage. You do not necessarily need the glitz and the glam of tons of lights and ornaments. Adding simple garland (can be faux) down your staircase or draped across a coffee table can be the perfect touch without going overboard. It is simple and approachable and still maintains the festive feel of the Christmas season.
- Faux Fur. Faux fur is the perfect way to take a room and make it feel warmer and cozier. Head to Home Goods for affordable faux fur pillows and throws. Add them to your couch in the living room and on chairs throughout the house.
- Faux Stone Paneling. While we are on the topic of faux items, let’s talk about faux stone panels for a hot minute. Having faux stone in your home will look amazing during the holidays. The best part is, however, that it will look amazing all year round. A stone fireplace makes you feel all the feels: coziness, warmth, family, cheer. It’s the perfect background for all seasons, but especially Christmas. Decorate your fireplace with garland and a Christmas tree, and you are golden. Faux stone panels from Faux Direct are far more affordable than authentic stone, are DIY, and can be installed in a single afternoon.
- Get Crafty. Check Pinterest and other websites for little decoration ideas you can make at home, and then toss once the season passes! For example, you can gather some sticks and craft it into the star of David and add a few lights. Once Christmas is over, throw it out the back window!
- Don’t Abandon Ship. There is no need to swap out your everyday decor for Christmas decor. Instead, incorporate the Christmas decor into it. For example, if you have a tray of seashells, simply add silver or gold ball ornaments to the mix and it suddenly becomes festive. This will help tremendously with the time it takes to decorate and then when you take it all down.