Many people love the look of a traditional bathroom. This does not mean it has to be stuffy or outdated. Having a traditional look will increase the equity in your home, which will greatly help you when you go to sell it. It will also provide you a beautiful bathroom look to enjoy for the time you spend in the space.
You can accomplish a traditional bathroom look with the following classic additions:
- Pedestal sink. Pedestal sinks are classic. They have a period feel, hide ugly pipes effortlessly, and simple lines pleasing to the eye. If the space allows, place two pedestal sinks side by side and hang beveled mirrors over them. Because having a pedestal sink will take away storage space, place cabinets on either side with glass windowed doors.
- Wainscoting gives bathrooms a cozy atmosphere, especially smaller ones. Many people are starting to use faux wood paneling for wainscoting instead of the traditional particle board. It’s easy to install, affordable, and varies the look of typical wainscoting.
- Claw-foot tub. No one will argue the magnificent look that a claw-foot tub brings to a bathroom. Combine it with wallpaper, a marble topped vanity, and plantation shutters for a totally luxurious feel.
- Shower ring. These go great above claw-foot tubs. They are curved metal rails that are mounted on the ceiling so you can hang a curtain. This adds a traditional vibe by making the space look chic. You can choose to leave the shower curtain closed, or open to expose the look of the tub.
- Black and white. Black and white is a look that has been, is, and will continue to be for as long as interior design continues. You can incorporate black and white into your linens, floor tiles, or even with a two-piece toilet. If you have a cast iron radiator in your bathroom, paint it black to match.
- Cross-handle faucets. These look wonderful with pedestal sinks or washstand stinks. They work as both an art form and a water deliverer. Curved edges will give more of a traditional feel than modern, angular cross-handle designs.
- The look of stone or brick will simply never grow old. It is a sought after, desired design touch that can be typically quite expensive to accomplish. Use faux stone or faux brick paneling to get the same amazing look, and complete the project on your own.